(FWD) NCC WASHINGTON UPDATE, Vol. 7, #51, December 26, 2001

NCC WASHINGTON UPDATE, Vol. 7, #51, December 26, 2001
by Bruce Craig <rbcraig@nccph.org
National Coordinating Committee for the Promotion of History (NCCPH)
*****************

Readers:
Last week I flew to California to attend to some personal family business and
to enjoy the holidays with family and friends. Though I had hoped to get one
last NCC WASHINGTON UPDATE off before the AHA meeting it now appears that
will not be possible. Expect your next UPDATE the week of January 7, 2001.

This next week I plan to visit the Reagan Library and then it is off to the
American Historical Association meeting in San Francisco.  I plan to return
to the office on January 8, 2001. I am checking e-mail and the office
telephone at least once a day should anyone need to reach me.

Have a wonderful holiday season!
Bruce Craig

**********
FINAL NOTICE - NCC BOARD MEETING / "HILL RAT" OPEN FORUM SESSION SCHEDULED
DURING AHA MEETING
During the upcoming annual meeting of the American Historical Association,
the NCC Policy Board will meet from 7:30 - 9:30 am on Friday, January 4, 2002
in the Ascot Room of the Westin St. Francis Hotel located at 335 Powell
Street, San Francisco, California (phone 415. 397-7000).  This year there
will be no pre-board "NCC Breakfast," rather, a formal session, "The Hill Rat
Open Forum" (see page 37 and 115 of the AHA program guide) targeted to the
interests of NCC members has been scheduled for later in the day (2:30 - 4:30
pm).  The recent executive order on presidential records, next year's funding
challenges for the Smithsonian and the National Historical Publications and
Records Commission (NHPRC) will be focal points of discussion.  Plan on
attending!

SIGNOFF H-NCC.