2002 "Lunch and Learn" Lecture Series--State Archives of Georgia

Don't forget about the upcoming lecture in the State Archives of Georgia's 2002 "Lunch and Learn" Lecture Series.

Begun in 1993, the Lunch and Learn Lecture Series is an educational program which features prominent speakers who present brief talks on a wide variety of historical and cultural topics. Lectures are from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. and take place in the State Archives auditorium, located adjacent to the main lobby. These presentations are free and open to the public, so please bring your lunch and join us.  Directions to our facility may be found at: http://www.sos.state.ga.us/archives/as/ggi.htm.

Researching and Records

January 8
Georgia Legislative Research at the State Archives
Joanne Smalley, Reference Archivist, State Archives of Georgia

February 12
Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands Records
Charles Reeves, Archival Operations Director, National Archives and Records Administration

March 12
Georgia Women of Achievement
Mary K. Rorabaugh, Executive Director, Georgia Women of Achievement

Preservation

April 9
How to Take Care of your Paper Documents
Hilary A. Kaplan, Conservator, State Archives of Georgia

May 14
How to Take Care of Your Photographs
Peter Roberts, Photo Archivist, Georgia State University

June 11
How to Take Care of Your Videotapes and Audiotapes
Ruta Abolins, Director, Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection, University of Georgia Libraries

Related Repositories

July 9

City of Atlanta Resources

  • Atlanta Fulton Public Library, Celeste Tibbets, System Manager of the Georgia Local and Family History Department
  • Atlanta History Center, Paul Crater, Archivist

August 13

Metro Atlanta Resources

  • Cobb County Public Library, Carolyn Crawford, Librarian, Georgia Room
  • DeKalb Historical Society, Francis Overcash, Archivist
  • Gwinnett Historical Society, Joye Quinn, Library Chairperson

September 10

Georgia Resources

  • Augusta Genealogical Society Library, Carrie Adamson, Honorary President
  • Georgia Historical Society (Savannah), Susan Dick, Director of Library and Archives

Please note that our lecture series will be temporarily suspended from October 2002 until July 2003 due to the move to our new building in Morrow. Details about the new building and an updated construction calendar will be found on our web site soon at  www.GeorgiaArchives.org.

If you would like more information or have suggestions for a future Lunch & Learn lecture, please contact:

Pamela W. Coleman, Public Programs Coordinator
State Archives of Georgia
Office of Secretary of State
330 Capitol Avenue SE
Atlanta, GA 30334