Housing for items contaminated with mold

I have scoured my resources and looked in vain to my disaster recovery plan for the answer to this question.

How do you house manuscripts which have been contaminated with mold that is now dormant?  Is it sufficiently safe to line with tissue paper?  Do you store them in separate folders, away from uncontaminated items?  Is it necessary to store them in separate boxes?  They have artifactual value, so I can't just photocopy and discard the originals.

Some helpful soul Scotch-taped these letters together and this has apparently encouraged the growth of mold at some time during their history.

Thank you again for your invaluable advice!

Rebecca Fitzgerald, CA
Mt. St. Mary's Archives & Dept. of Special Collections
Mt. St. Mary's College & Seminary
Emmitsburg, MD
301/447-5397
301/447-6868 (fax)