Resource for conversions: "How much does it weigh?"

Hello:

While we all agree that volume/weight ratios are variable (as this "How much does it weigh" question shows), there is a very real point raised
by the question.  It's a point about locating appropriate reference tools.

For one answer, go to: www.refdesk.com and see the "Convert Anything" link in the left column.

Rather than taking advantage of a lame question ("How much does it weigh?") as an occasion for churlish responses and a demonstration of how some of us use our abundant and empty work time (not to mention our employer's electronic resources), we should, simply, try to help.

Aren't we in the knowledge trade?  Don't we all deal with "I know this is a stupid question..." every day, and rise above it?

A little professionalism wouldn't kill us.