From: UFTARCH1@AOL.COM [mailto:UFTARCH1@AOL.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 9:23 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: CA and Jobs

1/15/02

       (p.s.The "Colin Powell does not have a Ph.d" analogy for a university president job search is really sobering reminder to our profession. We all know that the Archivist of the U.S. and the Librarian of Congress are usually political appointees and are not trained archivists or trained librarians.  I am only pointing this out because as many, many others have pointed out over the years--what does *that* say about our struggles for professionalism or status and prestige in both the archives and library professions if the most prestigious institutions in our respective fields do not require our educational qualifying credentials??)
                                                             Lucinda

Lucinda Manning
UFT Archives & Records Center
United Federation of Teachers