Minnesota Tidbit

In weeding a gift, I came across a sheet of paper
titled "Minnesota Blues."    It appears to be 25
"slogans" for the state:    The papers that I'm going
through identify a person who either grew up in Hanska
or New Ulm, but spent most of her life as a Navy wife,
mostly in Pensacola.   I suspect a relative or friend in
Minnesota sent it to her.

1.  I came, I thawed, I transferred
2. Survive Minnesota & the rest of the world is easy.
3.  If you love Minnesota, raise your right ski.
4.  Minnesota--where visitors turn blue with envy.
5.  Save a Minnesotan -- eat a mosquito.
6.  One day it's warm.  The rest of the year it's cold.
7.  Minnesota--Home of the blonde hair & blue ears
8.  Minnesota--Mosquito supplier to the free world
9.  Minnesota--Come, fall in love with a loon.
10.  Land of many cultures--mostly throat.
11.  Where the elite meet the sleet.
12.  Minnesota--closed for glacier repair.
13.  Land of 2 seasons--winter is coming, winter is here.
14.  Minnesota--glove it or leave it
15.  Minnesota--have you jump started your kid today?
16.  There are only 3 things you can grow in Minnesota--colder, older, fatter
17.  Many are cold, but few are frozen
18.  Why Minnesota?  To protect Ontario from Iowa
19.  Are you entering Minnesota--use alternate route
20.  Minnesota--theater of sneezes
21.  Jack Frost must like it in Minn.--he spends half his life there
22.  Land of 10,000 Petersons
23.  Land of the ski and home of the crazed
24. 10,000 lakes and no sharks
25.  In Minnesota--ducks don't fly south, people do.

And why did I send this?  Did you ever sit around with
your staff and say this seems too interesting to toss but
sure doesn't have anything to do with our collection?

Dean

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338