From: Richard G. King Jr. [mailto:kingr@U.ARIZONA.EDU]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 12:17 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: It's Friday!

Archival Jokes...I mean Folks,
Just before Christmas my boss went to his dentist
because he felt something wrong in his mouth.  His
dentist examined him and said, "That new upper plate
that I put in six months ago is eroding.  What have you
been eating?"  My boss replied, "All I can think of is
that about four months ago, my wife made some asparagus
and put some stuff on it that was so
delicious...hollandaise sauce.  I loved it so much I
now put it on everything...meat, toast, fish,
vegetables, everything."  "Well," said his dentist,
"That's probably the problem.  Hollandaise sauce is
made with lots of lemon juice, which is highly
corrosive.  It's eating away your upper plate.  I'll
make you a new plate, and this time I'll use chrome."
"Why chrome?" asked my boss.  His dentist replied,
"It's simple.  Everyone knows that there's no plate
like chrome for the hollandaise!"

Dick King, University of Arizona (And he's not a bit
sorry).