From: Karen Drickamer [mailto:kdrickam@GETTYSBURG.EDU]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 4:05 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Eastern Pennsylvania location help

Sorry to bother the entire list on this query, but I am desperate.  My
patron needs information on the location of Laxton, Pennsylvania [found on
some old documents] and thought to be located near Philadelphia at the time
of the Civil War.  I have been unable to locate the village/town/whatever in
any of our resources.  The patron cannot continue his research until he
knows in what county/township this location was -- before it disappeared
from the face of the earth.  Can anyone in the Philadelphia area shed any
light on this?

Thanks,
Karen Dupell Drickamer

Karen Dupell Drickamer
Head, Special Collections and College Archivist
Musselman Library  Box 420
Gettysburg College
Gettysburg, PA 17325
voice: 717-337-7015   Fax: 717-337-7001