Re: Renovation Leftovers

Periodically I have put up exhibits related to our newest building on campus (once just before they started building, and once just before the grand opening). Facilities supplied me with some roof tiles, marble samples, etc. The first time I had to give them back, but the second time I didn't. These make nice three-dimensional objects in a display--I'm always looking for something to supplement photos and documents--and can be reused in a variety of exhibits. So if you are responsible for exhibits, keep a piece or so of it.

A small piece might also make a lovely paperweight...

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Special Collections Librarian/Archivist

The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive
Hyde Park, NY  12538
(845) 451-1757
c_crawfo@culinary.edu

>>> Joanne Seitter <joanne.seitter@CURTIS.EDU> 01/22/02 01:20PM >>>
Hello Group!

An opinion type question.  One of our buildings recently underwent
renovation to make the building more ADA compliant.  During this course of
renovation a beautiful marble circular staircase was dismantled.  Should I
take a chunk of it for the Archives?