Re: Skirting the dreaded...

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:39:31 -0800, Amy Filiatreau <amytreau@YAHOO.COM>
wrote:

>Also, being 26, I get many patrons who call me things
>like "this young lovely worker here." That one
>happened yesterday; bleccchh.
>
>Amy Filiatreau
>Archivist, Tarlton Law Library
>University of Texas at Austin

Depending upon the age of the patron (which I suspect is older than 50) that
is just a Texas/Southern nicety, a whole lot better than having them say
"this ugly old worker" 8-)

Not sure where you are from originally but you will also get a lot of folks
down there saying other odd pleasantries such as "yes, ma'am", "please",and
 "Thank you" and maybe even holding doors open.

Peter "I still say please, thank you and even hold open doors for ladies"
Kurilecz