Re: ARCHIVAL TRAINING

Larry,

I think you have several options here.  I would check with SAA to see what
workshops they offer.  I'm sure they also have a list of degree and
certificate programs if you want to go that route.  In 2003, AASLH will be
offering workshops for people who process archival collections in historical
organizations but don't necessarily have an archival background.  You may
also want to think about an RFP and hire someone short-term to process what
you have.  You may be able to get a grant for this.  Check with the National
Historical Publications and Records Commission or the Council of State
Historical Records Commissions on possible grant opportunities.  And it
doesn't hurt to check with your state archives to see if they have a
government regranting program.

Hope this information helps.

Harry

Harry Klinkhamer