SAA Distribution List Problem

I've been asked to forward this message and
apology from Steve Hensen regarding the
Distribution List problem. It updates the message
I fowarded earlier.

--
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator

Many of you who are members of SAA have, no doubt,
been receiving dozens
(if not hundreds) of virus alert and "unsubcribe"
messages related to
something call the SAA Distribution List.  Please
be assured that SAA has
no such list and has had nothing overtly do to
with these messages.  The
SAA server is currently shut down while Susan Fox
and her technical
consultants are trying to analyze and resolve the
problem.  Although the
Society is not directly responsible for this
avalanche of spam, be assured
that we profoundly sorry for any difficulty that
this has caused and are
officially horrified that we have been misused so
treacherously.

Steve Hensen
President, Society of American Archivists