Article in Chronicle

I think what got me about the article was the writer's expectation
that she saw herself as "faculty" though in a staff position.  She
reiterated her pride in outreach, writing, exhibits, while the
supervisors wondered about processing, cataloging, reference
work.     I believe that archivists must expect to do both in a
small repository--for if you don't do outreach, writing, exhibits,
then how do you attract donations and make yourself known
to new users?   But if you don't catalog, process, and do
exemplary reference work, then users will stop coming.

I think the tone of the letter made my blood boil more than
the circumstances.

Dean
Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections and West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
Tele:  850-474-2213;   Fax:  850-474-3338