Re: RAIN 02/03: Weekly Update 02/01 Part 2

   We still have our TI99-4a, although no one has used it for a long time.
We got it in 1982, selected for its whopping big 16K (upgradable to 48K),
and the fact that it ran (it's own version of) LOGO.  My son learned to type
on it and, the first time he used a typewriter, he detected a mistake,
back-spaced, typed over it, and howled in surprise that the error didn't
disappear the way it was supposed to.
   For those of you who don't remember the last time I posted (I don't
either), I am a reference librarian at Keene State College in New Hampshire,
and, since I handle the "special collection" of New Hampshire history, I
have become the default "archivist" for the library, collecting what I can
of the college's past.  Other offices heard about it and decided to send me
things.  I presented a talk to a very small group at a New Hampshire Library
Association meeting, outlining my experiences and plans.  I called it "What
Do I Do With All Of These Boxes?"

Robert J. Madden
Special Collections/Reference Librarian
Keene State College, Keene, NH 03435-3201
rmadden@keene.edu
Many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book.
        -Henry David Thoreau, Walden