Evaluation of services to researchers

Well Hello again listers. Hope everyone is well and that those that could so schedule it were off in New Orleans this past weekend partying hardy.

My query today has to do with evaluating how well we serve our public.  I am quite sure that this has been discussed before, but thought perhaps it might be something we could revisit.

We primarily serve the college community here, making packets (think reserve reading) on various NYC and Queens local history topics for the students to use.  In addition we serve a scholarly public interested in the life of NYC's mayors, the development of public housing in NYC and the Steinway & Sons piano company.

While its easy enough to hand a post card or form to these researchers, the students on the other hand will chuck em before they get out the door.

Is there any real way to get this segment of our user population to give us some feedback?  Anything anybody else has done that they want to share would be great.

You may reply off list if you dont wish to rehash something that the list has already tackled.

Thanks to all in advance.

Rob Dishon
Archivist
LaGuardia & Wagner Archives