From: Marcia Stein [mailto:mstein@USCSVD.ORG]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:59 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Composition of workstation equipment

Hi List,
I am equipping a workroom for archive processing and preservation.  The
room is separate from the archive storage space, and I plan to include
work surfaces and storage units.  The modular units on the market for
work stations are described as composed of pressurized laminate.  Metal
components are also available, but have fewer sizes and so have less
flexibility.  My questions are:
If you had an empty room what would you use to create the supporting
base units, storage units, and work surfaces, wood, metal or composition
units?
Should I be concerned about off-gassing from the composition products,
(even standard utility tables have pressurized laminate tops)?

Any comments, or thoughts would be useful and appreciated.
Thank you very much,

Marcia C. Stein, Archivist
Society of the Divine Word
Chicago Province Archive