Re: The Miscellaneous Box!

Title: The Miscellaneous Box!

-----Original Message-----
From: Betsy Pittman [mailto:Betsy.Pittman@uconn.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 10:13 AM
To: 'Nancy Iannucci'
Subject: RE: The Miscellaneous Box!

Nancy,
As anyone who knows me will tell you--it's a pet peeve.  I'll call it anything else--unidenfied, ephemera, etc.  but it's something--reports, correspondence, notes, telephone messages from your mother--what have you--that at least will tell the researcher something which miscellaneous won't!  And if you don't know what it is or how it relates to the collection, should it be there?

I know this doesn't help, but so far I've avoided having anything with "miscellaneous" appear with anything that I've done.  And if it shows up in something that predates me, it's an indication that the collection needs to be reviewed.

Good luck!

Betsy

Betsy Pittman
University Archivist