From: Trina Purcell [mailto:tpurcell@POLITICALLIBRARY.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 9:35 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Access Database

Hello,

I'd like to re-open a discussion on Access. I've searched the listserv
archives but am not finding what I need.

In a nutshell, we are preparing to digitize some of our collections and
need to choose the database program that support this project and allow
patrons to access these collections via the web. I am looking at Content,
Re:Discovery, Past Perfect and Access. I have a pretty good handle on the
first three. What I'm looking for now is information on the pros and cons
of using Access. My gut feeling is that it may be better to choose a
program specifically designed for archival work than to try and create a
brand new Access database.

So, who's using Access? Why did you choose it? Are you happy with it? What
are the pros and cons?

Many thanks for the help.

                                                   Trina