Filing Cabinets/Systems

We are fortunately moving into new facilities in October and are reviewing
our filing systems for our vertical files and our photographs.  Currently
they are in regular vertical filing cabinets but we are looking at lateral
as well as compact filing systems.  Our consultant has recommended the
latter along with its labeling system, like in doctors' offices.

We would like to understand our full range of choices before making a
decision, not just taking space into consideration but also thinking about
what system would improve filing and retrieval of materials.  Would anyone
on the list that has a filing system that really works for their
collections please share with me the details?

Many thanks,
Maria R. Estorino
Cuban Heritage Digital Collection
mestorino@miami.edu