From: Thomas Berry [mailto:tberry@HCEA.NET]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 1:08 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Re: Original binders

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kurilecz" <pakurilecz@AOL.COM>
To: <ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 1:04 PM

<snip> Personally I would keep them in the binders if the papers are
originals.
> Aren't original order and provenance still ruling factors within the
> archives field? Are the papers found anywhere else?

Yes, but original order and provenance can be documented and maintained if
the records are removed from the binders.

Best wishes,

Thomas Berry, Archivist
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Road
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Phone 419-352-5616
Fax 419-352-6086