Job Announcement - VP of Acquisitions

Hi List,

A friend is a recruiter and asked me to forward the following.  Please
respond to him with any questions.

Thanks,
Christy Johnson
Assistant Archivist
Wells Fargo Historical Services
MAC A0101-026
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA  94104
p: 415.396.0218
f: 415.391.8644
e: johnschr@wellsfargo.com

> I'm looking to find a "VP of Acquisitions" for an auction house similar to
> Sothebys. (rare books, maps etc)  The job description is attached.  If you
> can think of anyone who would suit the job and might be looking to move
> get them to call me!
> Thanks
> Carter Williams
> Computer Consultants International Inc.
> 900 Fifth Avenue, Suite 202
> San Rafael, CA 94901
> (415) 458 5000 - phone
> (415) 259 0473 - fax
>
> Fair, Reasonable, Approachable ...
> Providing a wide range of IT consulting and staff augmentation.
> CCI specializes in recruiting and staffing, payroll facilitation,
> accounting and tax management, immigration and visa services, contractor
> management and project consulting.  All at fair margins to our clients and
> consultants around the world.

Job Description

Vice President Acquisitions

Business: Managing all Consignment Acquisition Activity
Reports To: President
Classification: FT, Salary + Commission
Salary Range: Negotiable

relating to the gather of consignments in the area of rare books, autographs
& manuscripts, maps & atlases, and photographs.  This includes soliciting
potential collectors, dealers, and estates, negotiating contracts, pre and
post consignment follow up, and marketing support.

Qualifications:  Must have a thorough knowledge of the rare works on paper
industry and be known in the collecting community.  Previous auction house
experience a plus.  Articulate in written and spoken English (including
clean and legible printing), ability to deal effectively with client base,
self-motivated and motivated by compensation tied to results, and attention
to detail. Candidate must have a track record of success in achieving
expected revenue performance. The candidate will also have a proven track
record with success in managing small groups and have keen interpersonal
skills.  The Vice President will also need to possess the technical skills
to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and ACT!, and database skills
are helpful. In addition, all candidates need to be able to travel and have
a valid California driver's license. Travel is approximately 30-40%.

Detail Tasks:

        *       Manage the consignment group
        *       Establish and achieve revenue goals
        *       Cold call and letter writing campaigns to potential
consignors
        *       Ability to market auction house consistent with the brand
        *       Contract negotiations with specific commission goals in mind
        *       Work with the President in setting top line revenue goals
        *       Be part of the Sr. Management team to set strategic
direction
        *       Hold Consignment Group accountable for specific goals as it
relates to the gathering of consigned property
        *       Assess and appraisal of collections for the viability of the
auction house selling the collection.
        *       Company marketing and individual sale marketing
        *       Follow up and contacting of past consignors for potential
leads
        *       Developing strategic partnerships with other auction houses
        *       Sr. support to the President in his absence
        *       Working with the Consignment Group on condition reports,
showing of books, taking bids, and making sure the property is handled
correctly;
        *       Supporting the actual auction day and ensuring the auction
is carried out successfully
        *       Proactive client service building
        *       Post auction result follow up with consignors
        *       Communicate with the President on issues of concern,
including safety, missing property, untimely shipments, personnel problems,
and client service issues
        *       Any other tasks as assigned by the Vice President's
supervisor that is relevant to our day-to-day business growth