Re: presto record cutting machine

The Presto cutting lathe is one of a number of early disc recording
machines. The discs could be from 10 inches to 16 inches. The speeds were
78 or 33 1/3rd rpm. The playback curves are numerous as well as the
groove diameter. Discs made on this machine should NOT be played on it.
We have modern custom made turntables that can play these discs without
damaging them. In addition we have a collection of 60 different styli
that fit whatever groove size they happen to be, and whatever wear
pattern they happen to have. I could go on, but maybe it might be better
to give me a call at VidiPax where I can give you all the free advice you
want. And that goes for any sort of audio media you happen to find
lurking in your archives.

Adrian Cosentini
Chief Audio Engineer
VidiPax