Mystery photograph free to good home

While sorting through unprocessed materials, we found an unidentified
photograph which apparently has nothing to do with our collection area.
Although there is no information written on the back of the photo, the palm
tree in the corner was a dead giveaway that this photo was not taken in
Massachusetts. The photo shows a modest-sized business district, circa
1880-1900 (it's a copy print, and the street's pretty empty, so there's not
much evidence for dating). The businesses "Lester & Abernethy, Manufacturers
& Jobbers of Candies, Crackers, Cigars," "A. D. Johnston, Meat & Grocers,"
"Pettijohn Whole Wheat Food" appear in the picture. The photo focuses on a
Greek-Revivalish corner building which appears to be a two- or more family
apartment building. Two-story brick Italiante buildings are on either side
of the Greek Revival. The street is cobblestone, and it looks as though
there are trolley tracks and electric streetlights. If any of this rings a
bell to any of you folks in palm-tree-infested locations, send us a line,
and we'll send you the photo.

Sincerely,

Michele

Michele Plourde-Barker