Re: Rand-McNally Collection

Greetings.

For those who want to date a variety of maps (such as Roberta's RM maps),
the Western Association of Map Libraries maintains a "Date Codes for Maps"
page at [http://www.waml.org/datecode.html]. This page provides references
to codes used by many mapmakers, including Rand McNally, H. M. Gousha, USGS,
and others.

Michael C. Miller
Special Collections Librarian
Dallas Public Library, Texas/Dallas History & Archives Division
1515 Young St.
Dallas TX 75201
214-670-1440
fax: 214-670-1437