Re: MLS degree a joke?

Good gracious!  You people have no sense of humor.  I can see buns (hair,
that is) tightening and bow ties twirling, right now.  I'm sure the writer
was just kidding.  And, if not, who really cares?  It's not like there will
be a full-scale investigation into whether or not library science is really
a science, thus revoking all MLS degrees ever awarded.  Lighten up, folks.

BTW:  It's called the First Amendment.  Something we librarians fight for
everyday.

Just my opinion,
Susan M. Anderson
Assistant Curator of Manuscripts
American Antiquarian Society
185 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA  01609-1634

sanderson@mwa.org (email)
508-363-1174 (direct/voicemail)
508-753-3311 (fax)

Special notice: Because of the progress of the Antiquarian Hall construction
project, the library will be closed to the public as of 5 p.m. on January
18, 2002. The library should reopen on, or around, April 1, 2002. Please
check our website for updates (www.americanantiquarian.org).