From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On Behalf Of Lynne Wohleber
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 2:55 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Twill tape

One of my colleagues will be helping me with a preservation/conservation workshop next month.  One of the projects she will be doing with the group is to make a book box with twill ties.   Because they are less expensive, we were wondering if the type of twill ties you can buy at a fabric store .... polyester .... are as archival as the 100% cotton tape from archival supply catalogues.   Can anyone help us with this?

Lynne F. Wohleber
Archivist
Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh
325 Oliver Avenue