Re: Liberry Skule

Last week I had jury duty. During the voir dire one of the lawyers
expressed his intent to talk to everyone who hadn't spoken up about
anything yet so he started asking what we did for a living.  So he gets to
me and I say "Archivist."  The lawyer says, "Can you explain what that is?"
and the guy behind me who's been sort of heckling the whole procedure  in
an undertone says, "Man calls himself a lawyer and doesn't even know what
an Archivist is? I've only got an Associates' degree and I know that!
Takes care of old newspapers and photos and stuff.  That's a cool job."
(I suspect the lawyer was just trying to get me to talk for a few minutes,
but I thought the guy's response was hilarious and very encouraging.  Some
people obviously are aware of what archivists do.)

Jennifer Rawlings
Archivist
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
St. Louis, MO