liberry skule and insulting political cartoons

This is mainly to the new subscriber... I have laughed a lot and
learned a lot from this listserve. When I have asked for advice I
received a lot of help. I have compiled website addresses that have
helped me in my work (I am a map cataloger) .

  It is good that we can be funny and serious at the same time. In a
world that is going through wars and mega changes, where we are
still coming to grips with 9/11 and corporate scandals, a sense of
humor and sensitivity should prevail.  I hope that this profession
does not become stuffy and take itself too seriously. If we did that I
think we would lose a lot of what we are as professionals.
Remember what Oscar Wilde said: "Life is too important to be
taken seriously." (!)  Roberta Ransley-Matteau (still an archivist!)