scrapbook program

I'm new to this list.  I've an idea for a summer program for kids that
would introduce them to scrapbooks as documentation sources and how to make
their own.  This would be an outreach program for us tied to a possible
exhibition.  I've searched the list but find most messages deal with
conservation and preservation regarding scrapbooks rather than educational
programs about them.  If any of you have created an edudational program or
session about scrapbooks can you share your information directly to me
rather than to the list?  If you have ideas where I can get lesson plans or
instructional activity ideas about scrapbooks, I'd appreciate that info too.
(Or something similar in regard to diaries perhaps).

Bonnie Travers, Special Collections
The University of Arizona Library