From: Lucinda Glenn Rand [mailto:lglenn@GTU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 12:56 PM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Mountain View

Ah!  The Mountain View Cemetary in Oakland, California is THE most fabulous.  Since San Francisco early would not have a cemetary in the city, the cemetary in Oakland was the place to be buried.  Also buried there are the Chiradelli's (of chocolate fame) and Paula Short, also known as the Black Daliah (I didn't spell that right did I), a sensational 40s Los Angeles murder victim.  She was buried up here because of the notariety of her murder.  To this day, the cemetary will not give out the location of her grave (I've tried).

I have my spot all picked out in the unendowed section overgrown with vines and eucalyptus trees overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- what a view.

Lucinda (I love a good cemetary) Glenn
Graduate Theological Union Archives