Archives and rare books

Dear List:

Due to retirements and some reshuffling, our Archive has just been given
administration over the Rare Book Collection.  Does anyone have any
recommendations for very good sources for collections policies, de-accessioning
policies (of course I'm fighting not to cut the collection), and handling and
maintenance guides?

I've pulled some things off the web and gone through my archival reference
materials, but want to give them as much special attention as possible.

Thanks for any help

Renee

Renee Braden
Manager, National Geographic Archives