Re: Librarians and Archivists

Delurking for a moment....

Chris Flynn wrote:

> The primary job of the archivist is to determine the best method of
> preserving and storing artifacts. These artifacts can be anything from a
> locket of hair to a famous painting.

... as well as the occasional paper, audio-visual, photographic, or
electronic ***record***

 Archivists preserve and record various
> kinds of artifacts that are of irreplaceable value. Archivists may work in
> traditional library settings, but others may experience more exotic
> settings, including museums and archaeological sites.
> http://istweb.syr.edu/21stcenlib/who/archivist.html

BZZZT!!!  Sorry, wrong answer!  Thanks for playing - we have some lovely
parting gifts....

> I think I am going to go back and check over my notes from Grad school.

Let us know what you find.  Maybe we *all* misheard those lectures.

--

Erwin Wodarczak
Records Analyst / Archivist

"We do precision guesswork, based on vague assumptions and unreliable
data of dubious accuracy"