Re: Librarians and Archivists

Hi again,

Chris Flynn wrote:

> Erwin,
>
> I didn't right that tripe.

I know you didn't - sorry if I accidently implied that you did.

 I found it on the internet at the link I posted.
> If you want to read the rest of what they have determined the role of
> Archivists to be go there and look. In light of the recent observations
> linking Librarians and Archivists I found it very enlightening.

The article says all the right things about "using available
technologies", "remaining abreast of trends in technology", etc.  But
then it starts babbling about "artifacts" again.  Sigh.

And I found it rather amusing that the link from "Only a few schools
offer master's education in archival studies" leads to a "Page Not
Found!" message.

Cheers,
Erwin

--

Erwin Wodarczak
Records Analyst / Archivist

"We do precision guesswork, based on vague assumptions and unreliable
data of dubious accuracy"