FW: Virtual Reference Workshop

I've been asked to post the following announcement
to the List. If interested, please respond as
indicated in the announcement.

--
Bob Schmidt
Archives Listserve Coordinator

_____________________________

Are you ready for the new reference environment:
live, online and in real-time?  Do you know how to
adapt your reference skills to the online
environment?

The College of Information Studies
University of Maryland
Presents:

Virtual Reference Librarianship 1.0
The focus of this workshop is on practical tools
and strategies you can actually use to answer
questions and work with users in day-to-day
operations.

Topics to be covered include:
Differences between desk, phone, and virtual
reference
What makes a good virtual reference librarian
How to handle the virtual session from start to
finish
Taking advantage of the software features
Dealing with problems online
Evaluation and Quality Control

This full-day workshop will include discussions
and hands-on practice time using the LSSI Virtual
Reference Toolkit software.

Instruction Team: Steve Coffman, LSSI; Eileen
Abels, College of Information Studies, UMD;
Margaret Turqman, College of Information Studies,
UMD; Michelle Fiander, LSSI.

Date: May 30, 2002 9:00 am ? 4:00 pm
Location: 6107 McKeldin Library, UMD, College
Park, MD
Registration Fee: $265  CEUs: .6
Registration Deadline: May 21, 2002

Please visit our web site at   HYPERLINK
"http://www.clis.umd.edu/ce/";
www.clis.umd.edu/ce/  for additional workshops and
registration information or contact Robin Albert @
301-405-2057

REGISTRATION FORM:

_____ Virtual Reference Librarianship 1.0

Send completed form with payment to:

Continuing Education Program
4105 Hornbake South, CLIS, UMD
College Park, MD 20742
Or FAX to 301-314-9145

Name:

Address:

Phone:

Fax:

Email:

Method of Payment:
Check (payable to University of Maryland)
Credit Card:  VISA  MasterCard Discover

Credit Card#:

Expiration Date:

Cardholder?s Name/Phone: