-----Original Message-----
From: Archives & Archivists [mailto:ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU]On
Behalf Of Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 7:41 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: guidelines for donations to museums/ art galleries?

This is not quite an archives question, but I know there are many people on
this list with a museum interest as well. The Society of American Archivists
has a pamphlet with information/guidelines for people who want to donate
personal papers to an archive. Is there any sort of similar pamphlet with
information for people interested in making a donation to a museum or art
gallery (not from the institutional side but from the donor side)? This is
not work related, but for personal interest.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian

The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive