Hernando's Hideaway

Thanks for the info - actually, others have also pinned the song down to "The Pajama Game." I guess I don't look carefully enough at my emails to see if they went to the list or not - I should be more conscientious about sharing the information.   To give them full credit, Pamela Wright and Jan Boles both identified the song.

My recollection of Hernandos was as sort of a cavelike thing entered through a door way back at the end of the A-V stacks, which were underground.  Jan's description:  <In the stage version it opened the second act and was, for at least the first chorus, done on an unlighted stage with an occasional lighted match the only illumination...>  is appropriate, although at this late date my memory may be embroidering reality somewhat!  It was actually bright enough if you turned on the light, and we certainly weren't lighting cigarettes in there, but I remember the one or two times I went in there that it was rather cool, like a cave.  Oh well, back to my archival duties.....

(By the way, Ed, Hernandos is (or at least was) located at Wittenberg University in Springfield, O.)

Fred Lautzenheiser
Cleveland Clinic Foundation