Help with Ethics Survey

My name is Heather Shea and I am a graduate student in the Archives Program at Simmons College in Boston.  I am writing a research paper on the role of this LISTSERV versus the SAA Code of Ethics in solving real-world ethical questions in modern archives.

I have been subscribing to this LISTSERV for a year, and have searched the archives thoroughly to find instances where archivists are writing in to the LISTSERV with their ethical dilemmas instead of, or before referring to SAA's Code of Ethics.

Now I am at the survey stage of my research.  If you would, please take a few moments to answer the following 5 questions and send the replies directly back to me at has1@netway.com.  Responses will be kept anonymous.
Results will be compiled and I will post these on the listserv.

1.  How do you solve ethical dilemmas in your day-to-day archives work?
     [      ]  Refer to the SAA Code of Ethics
     [      ]  Ask the listserv
     [      ]  Refer to Institutional policy
     [      ]  Other ___________________________________________

2.  Do you use the SAA Code of Ethics as a "living document" in your day-to-day work?
     [      ]  Yes
     [      ]  No
     [      ]  Sometimes

3.  If the Code of Ethics is not your first reference point for ethical dilemmas, why?
     [      ]  it's too vague
     [      ]  it's outdated
     [      ]  doesn't deal with "real" situations
     [      ]  listserv is easier/faster
     [      ]  Other_____________________________________________

4.  What technology issues have caused ethical dilemmas for you?
     [      ]  Online access
     [      ]  eBay (selling, buying or competing for materials)
     [      ]  Donor relations (privacy)

5.  If the SAA Code of Ethics was revised to incorporate issues that technology raises, would you use it more?
     [      ]  Yes
     [      ]  No

Comments:

Thank you in advance for your help!