Re: Johnny Appleseed

Bob:

I am the Audiovisual Curator at The Ohio State University Photo Archives, and I did a quick check of our University Libraries online catalog, and discovered that our Rare Books and Manuscripts collection lists sixteen books on Appleseed, but nothing that looks like an original manuscript.  You could contact Geoffrey Smith with any questions at 614-292-5938 or smith.1@osu.edu.  Hope this helps.

Julie Petersen

At 10:42 AM 4/3/2002 -0800, you wrote:
Hi!
Appleseed has a strong Ohio connection.
Try Ohio State Archives, Ohio State University Special Collections, Ohio
University Special Collections, and eastern Ohio regional collections like
the Western Reserve Historical Society in Cleveland or like institutions in
Youngstown.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr Robert D. Shuster [mailto:Robert.D.Shuster@WHEATON.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 10:21 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Johnny Appleseed

Does anyone on the list know of a repository with a substantial
collection of Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman, 1774-1845)
documents, either by or about him.  I know about the collection of
production material from "Better Known As Johnny Appleseed" at the
University of Minnesota Libraries' Children's Literature Research
Collection.  Thanks for your help.

Bob Shuster
BGC Archives

Julie A. Petersen