Re: movies and archives

In the Woody Allen movie "The Curse of the Jade Scorpion", part of the
plot involves an "efficiency expert" who changes the filing system at an
insurance company's office, and one of the company's employees who has
great difficulty using the new system and prefers his old system.  I
won't spoil the film by telling how they resolve the problem (though
it's pretty obvious for most of the movie).

"Andris A. Vinovskis" wrote:

> This film as well as Desk Set seem to have become "required" viewing at
> UofMich's School of information.  When I was there a couple of years ago
> students from the Internet Public Library class would hold a showing of
> both Party Girl and Desk Set as well as an episode of Buffy. ;)
>
> Andy
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Amy Filiatreau wrote:
>
> > The lady in the Mummy was a librarian. I know this was her job title
> > because at one point in the movie she was very drunk and, much to my
> > delight, announced very proudly, indignantly, and haughtily: "I....AM A
> > LIBRARIAN!!!" I forget from what assault she was defending herself...
> >
> > For librarians' image you can't get much hipper than "Party Girl" - a
> > must-see.
> >
> > Amy Filiatreau
> >

> > At 09:22 AM 4/3/02 -0600, you wrote:
> > >I know that there was an archivist in The Mummy that I saw a few years ago.
> >
> > A posting from the Archives & Archivists LISTSERV List!

> >       In body of message:  SUB ARCHIVES firstname lastname
> >                     *or*:  UNSUB ARCHIVES
> >
> > Or to do *anything* (and enjoy doing it!), use the web interface at
> >      http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/archives.html
> >
> > Problems?  Send e-mail to Robert F Schmidt <rschmidt@lib.muohio.edu>

Andy Hempe
Houston Public Library, Archives