Archives. Boston Public Library.

BPL Board Chair of the Trustees' Special Task Force James Carroll
http://www.bpl.org/general/trustees/carroll.htm
http://www.bpl.org/general/trustees/trusteeagenda11502.htm
http://www.friendsofopenhouse.org/advisory.cfm

Dear James Carroll,

Please arrange via email  don@saklad.org  for me to read via email our
 legitimately public Boston Public Library GANs General Administrative
 Notices. The public notices are send around via email already within
 the lib. It would be easy enough to have the notices available to
 people via email with civic interest in reading the notices.

More needs to be done in opening for the public the archives and
 records of our Boston Public Library, that is our public library's
 very own archives and records of itself as an institution
 contributing to the life of our communities constituencies. Without
 adequate cooperation, accessing recent legitimately public documents
 of our public library is too problematical, too difficult beyond what
 one expects from our public library. BPL Departmental Reference
 Desks, supervision, management and BPL executive offices. Red tape
 fetters what little access there is with denial of service at
 reference desks, denial of the usual reference services, delays and a
 lack of access to those same BPL people supposedly with
 responsibility for access to legitimately public archives of BPL.

 It's a symptom of a wider problem of lack of access, and lack of open
 government at City Hall. Our municipal government, Boston Public
 Library Government Documents Department and Archives divisions need
 to develop a better transmittal system for the acquisition and
 accession of more current public documents of municipal government.

Boston Public Library President Bernard A. Margolis and
 The Honorable Thomas M. Menino need to pull together a
 Mayoral Directive or City Council order for the more routine
 transmittal of our public City Documents. Civic interest in municipal
 matters is abridged when our Boston Public Library Government
 Documents Department haven't the most current public municipal
 documents beginning of course with our BPL public documents of its
 own background, planning and development.

Cheers! and kind regards,
 oo__  Don Warner Saklad

http://GuideToProblematicalLibraryUse.WebLogs.com/stories
http://zork.net/~dsaklad