Oral history costs

Hello. Has anyone on the list priced out the average cost of conducting,
taping and transcribing their oral histories per oral history? Expenses
should include any expenditure like taping, room/studio costs, dubbing,
transcribing, storage, etc.

For example, costs for our program include taping (videographer; format:
digital video or beta), duplicating (copies for interviewees and archives),
and transcribing.

All of these services are outsourced. I have a backlog of some 40 interviews
to obtain and I know my budget won't be increasing next year. I'm trying to
gauge where our expenses fall cost wise (high, medium, low), as well as
determine how we can get the most for our dollar and increase the number of
interviews we conduct a year (6 to 8).

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Gini Blodgett
Director, Information Resources