re. paper dolls

I'm trying to respond to Sami Pierson's question about paper dolls,
but after the first time I read it, the message keeps crashing my
e-mail program every time I try to open it (although my e-mail program
can read HTML messages, they often crash it....)

Anyway, if the dolls are mostly movie stars, you might want to look
at the books of paper dolls by Tom Tierney, published by Dover. Many
of these are movie stars, and so you might have some of his dolls.  He
lives in my county; he has dedicated part of the revenue from his
books to a local library, and several years ago, he gave a very
humorous talk for the annual meeting of the organization I then worked
for. For example, he decided to do a paper doll of the Pope (John Paul
II) and his editor was horrified because your basic paper doll is
usually designed wearing underwear, and you couldn't have the Pope in
underwear! They compromised by putting the basic doll in a simple
white cassock. Mr. Tierney (or maybe a friend) later gave some copies
of the paper doll book to the Pope, and he seemed to enjoy them.

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Information Services Librarian

The Culinary Institute of America
1946 Campus Drive