From: Scott, Kim A. [mailto:kascott@MONTANA.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 7:27 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: Scan artist

No, Im not talking about some business proposition in the subject line...

Trinas' question on the TIFF scanning is interesting, and I am certainly no
expert on the various options available for storing graphic images (in spite
of taking the "School for Scanning" course last year).  However, I can say
that we routinely scan everything as a TIFF file first, store the files on a
CD, and then use a software package called "Debablizer" to convert batches
of said files to low resolution jpegs for web posting, etc.  Its pretty
slick, and seems to be an answer to the whole scanning problem for
us....except for the customers who still expect us to scan everything!

Kim "Yes, we plan on having the entire collection online immediately after
my retirement" Scott