Archivaria 52 - Table of Contents

Dear Colleagues,

The Association of Canadian Archivists and the editorial board of
Archivaria, the association's journal, are pleased to announce the
publication of Archivaria 52. Please note below the Table of Contents for
this issue.

For further information about the association and Archivaria (including
ordering information), check the association's Web site
http://archivists.ca

Thank you,

Tom Nesmith
Editorial Board
Archivaria
Journal of the Association of Canadian Archivists

Archivaria 52 - Table of Contents

Articles

        Archives in a Wider World: The Culture and Politics of Archives

        SARAH TYACKE 1

        "Our Own Identity, Our Own Taonga, Our Own Self Coming Back":
Indigenous Voices in New Zealand Record-Keeping

        EVELYN WAREHAM 26

        One Size Fits All? The Portability of Macro-Appraisal by a
Comparative Analysis of Canada, South Africa, and New Zealand

        JOHN ROBERTS 47

        The Iraqi Secret Police Files: A Documentary Record of the Anfal
Genocide

        BRUCE P. MONTGOMERY 69

        Oral History and Archives in the New South Africa: Methodological
Issues

        LISA KLOPFER 100

        Personal Archives

        The Character of Personal Archives: Reflections on the Value of
Records of Individuals

        CATHERINE HOBBS 126

        The Appraisal of Personal Papers: A Critical Literature Review

        RIVA A. POLLARD 136

        "National Significance": The Evolution and Development of Acqui-
sition Strategies in the Manuscript Division, National Archives
of Canada

        MYRON MOMRYK 151

        The Archivist as Planner and Poet: Thoughts on the Larger Issues of
Appraisal for Acquisition

        BARBARA L. CRAIG 175

        Book Reviews

        VAN HOUTS, ELISABETH, Memory and Gender in Medieval Europe,
900-1200 (Toby Burrows) 184

        BENFORD, GREGORY, Deep Time: How Humanity Communicates
Across Millennia (David Mattison) 186

        DORGE, VALERIE and JONES, SHARON L., Building an Emergency
Plan: A Guide for Museums and Other Cultural Institutions (Angela Hoddinott)
189

        Notices

        KARAMITSANIS, APHRODITE, Place Names of Alberta, Volume I,
Mountains, Mountain Parks and Foothills; KARAMITSANIS, APHRODITE, Place
Names of Alberta, Volume II, Southern Alberta; HARRISON, TRACEY, Place Names
of Alberta, Volume III, Central Alberta; AUBREY, MERRILY K., Place Names of
Alberta, Volume IV, Northern Alberta (David L. Brown) 191

        SCHNARE, JR., ROBERT E., SWARTZBURG, SUSAN G., and
CUNHA, GEORGE M., Bibliography of Preservation Literature,
1983-1996 (Angela Hoddinott) 192

        THERIAULT, MARIO, Great Maritime Inventions, 1833-1950 (Roderick W.
McFall) 194

        Exhibition Review

        MEDICINE HAT MUSEUM & ART GALLERY, Cover To Cover:
The Evolution of Western Canadian Album Cover Art and August Soehn: Forty
Years of Television Art (David Leonard) 196

        Notes and Communications

        The Moving Image Premieres

        ROSEMARY BERGERON 200

        Obituaries