Re: Archival Education choices

Constance Schulz wrote:

> Several people have asked readers of this listserv for information about
> how they became archivists.  While individual answers may certainly be
> useful,

Useful or fact?  Some of us have no college major in being archivists at
all.  Some of us weren't even fortunate enough to be able to afford to
finish our college education.  Yet, sometimes there are those who are
fortunate enough to have a deep knowledge of the subject matter, skills,
work experience and college courses in business that are a match.  True
story and I am living proof.  So is the head archivist of our company.
Neither of us has a degree.
Nancy Ring Kendrick