Past Caring - What does society expect of archivists?

> Dear all
>
> Apologies for cross-postings
>
> Australian Society of Archivists Annual Conference 2002
>
> The next annual conference of the ASA will be held in Sydney, in the
> beachside suburb of Manly, on Friday - Saturday, 16-17 August 2002. The
> conference will be preceded by several days of professional development
> sessions starting on Tuesday 13 August.
>
> The theme of the conference is 'Past Caring? - What does society expect of
> archivists?'  It will look outside the boundaries of our profession, at
> the relationships that other groups in society have with records, and
> their expectations of archivists and other records professionals. The
> essence of our professional role is seen as mediating incompatible,
> sometimes irreconcilable, social expectations arising from the creation,
> existence and uses of records.
>
> We believe we have put together a strong program that will be of interest
> to all records professionals. We are especially pleased that several of
> the sessions will traverse important records issues in light of recent and
> contemporary events.
>
> The conference website is www.asa2002.records.nsw.gov.au
>
> The detailed conference program and information about accommodation and
> travel options are available on the website. The registration form is also
> available for downloading. We are aiming to have on-line registration and
> credit card payments available within a few weeks. Paper registration
> packs can be mailed on request.
>
> If you have any questions about the conference or the registration
> process, please don't hesitate to contact me at katec@records.nsw.gov.au
> or Mark Stevens, Conference Secretary at mstevens@cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au
>
> Regards,
>
> Kate Cumming
> ASA 2002 Conference Organising Committee

State Records Authority of New South Wales ('State Records')
World Wide Web: http://www.records.nsw.gov.au
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use
of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential or
subject to legal privilege. If you receive this email and you are not the
addressee (or responsible for delivery of the email to the addressee),
please note that any copying, distribution or use of this email is
prohibited and as such, please disregard the contents of the email, delete
the email and notify the sender immediately.

State Records advises that this email and any attached files should be
scanned to detect viruses and accepts no liability for loss or damage
(whether caused by negligence or not) resulting from the use of any attached
files.