Re: Digital cameras

Matt,

Over the past few years I have had several docs ask me for guidance on selecting a digital camera after seeing my Fujifilm MX-2700.  In doing my original purchasing research I came across an excellent website on digital cameras.  It is at www.imaging-resource.com.  You can click on the "Getting Started" button and get all sorts of tech info.  I'd also suggest clicking on the "Cameras" button, then scrolling down until you see the "Comparometer" link on the left side of the frame.  This will let you compare same shots taken by different cameras.

I have a lot of fun with my digital camera;  I now send e-postcards when I travel and my mom loves them better than the snail-mail version!

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Debra Scarborough, MLS AHIP
History Librarian & Archivist
ACOG Resource Center/History Library & Archives
409 12th St., SW
Washington, DC 20024
202-863-2578 / 202-484-1595 (fax)
DScarborough@ACOG.org
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

>>> Matt Dewaelsche <tdewaelsche@SANANTONIO.GOV> 5/2/02 12:05:42 PM >>>
My department is considering buying a digital camera to make copies of
fragile books, newspaper articles and oversized maps.  We would like to buy
a reasonably priced model and wanted to solicit personal experiences so we
could make an informed decision.

We would appreciate any helpful suggestions or ideas.

Thank you.

Matt De Waelsche
Assistant Manager
Texana/Genealogy Department