Re: FF - Telemarketing--Plea for Forbearance

<<Nevertheless, some poor souls do have to take these jobs and they have
quotas to make or they get fired.  Consequently, I ask all the good liberals
and both compassionate conservatives on this list to do the responsible
thing and either put your name on your State's "no call list" or simply say
"no thank you" and hang up immediately  so that the poor schmuck on the
other end can get on to the next call.>>

Paul, that's exactly why I insist on being put on each company's individual
"don't call" list!  Because not only is my time being wasted; so is that of
the poor shmuck (although some of them test my compassion by being rude,
incredibly so, when I have been courteous in my request).

My state doesn't have a "no call list."  And I refuse to pay Verizon an
extra fee to stand between me and telemarketers.  So I've signed the
petition to get a "no call list" established in Maine, and in the meantime
I've used the existing law as it was intended by Congress.

And now my phone calls are, 95 percent of the time, for me.  Not for "the
lady of the house" or "Mrs. Oyster."

Happy weekend to all,

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services