Freedmen's Bureau records

Colleagues:
I will repost a query that I posed on Friday. Maybe there will more folks
with the answer in the office today (smile)

I am doing a working on African American Family History Research at the SAA
meeting in August. I have several questions about the Freedmen's Bureau
Records, a wonderful source of information on Black genealogy.
1) I have a list of all available microfilm for the Freedmen's Bureau from
the National Archives. However it does not list any records for Kentucky.
Does anyone out there know why? Was there no Freedmen Bureau offices in
Kentucky just after the Civil War or have the records just not been
microfilmed?
2) do most Southern archives and research libraries have copies of the
Freedmen Bureau records on microfilm in their holdings?
3) do the National Archives Branches in the South - Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.
- have microfilm copies of these records available for patron use?

Thanks everyone. Hope to see you at SAA. If you are interested in African
American genealogy and family history, sign up for the workshop.

Russell P. Baker, CA
Arkansas History Commission and State Archives
One Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72201
501-682-6900
www.ark-ives.com