From: Nancy Iannucci [mailto:niannucc@EMMA.TROY.NY.US]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 8:19 AM
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Subject: 1814 Red Leather stains

Hello All,

Happy Friday to you!

Can anyone tell me if there is a special "safe" solution that I can apply to leather bound books?  I have a number of ledgers and journals that have red leather covers.  There's some interesting information that students can use from these ledgers for their history assignments.  It would be great if they could handle the books to read from them.  At the present, if these books are handled- the red leather bleeds and stains your gloves.  I would like to prevent these books from bleeding.  Is there a product I can use that will provide a safe solution?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nancy Iannucci
EWS Archives
niannucc@emmawillard.org